[OpenIndiana-discuss] sendmail single user host sending to internet thru Smarthost: examples

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 08:41:14 UTC 2017

if you don't have a resolvable domain, you might well have issues with
receiving the emails at the other end ...

if you're using a smart-host you might not have this trouble, but if you're
not able to reverse lookup your IP address your email will be rejected by
the remote host.

segments from my sendmail.mc, not that I use sendmail any more since the
company took the decision to move to office365 ...

VERSIONID(`@(#)main-v7sun.mc    1.2 (Sun) 01/27/98')
OSTYPE(solaris2.ml)dnl
DOMAIN(solaris-generic)dnl
MASQUERADE_AS(domain.com)
FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl
FEATURE(masquerade_entire_domain)dnl
MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(domain.com)

FEATURE(`nocanonify')
FEATURE(use_cw_file)

FEATURE(`access_db')
# to create /etc/mail/access.db (for allowed local hosts) do 'makemap hash
/etc/mail/access < /etc/mail/sendmail.access'

define(`confPRIVACY_FLAGS',
`authwarnings,restrictqrun,noreceipts,noexpn,novrfy,noetrn')dnl
define(`confDONT_PRUNE_ROUTES', `True')dnl
define(`confCOPY_ERRORS_TO', `postmaster')dnl
define(`confSEPARATE_PROC', `True')dnl
define(`confQUEUE_SORT_ORDER', `time')dnl

define(`confMIN_QUEUE_AGE', `30m')dnl
define(`confTO_QUEUERETURN', `2d')dnl
define(`confTO_QUEUERETURN_URGENT', `4h')dnl

define(`SMART_HOST', `[salmon190-19]')dnl
define(`confDOMAIN_NAME', `domain.com')
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl