[OpenIndiana-discuss] HDMI and sound

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil at smart.net
Sun Aug 27 17:47:11 UTC 2017

> On Aug 26, 2017, at 06:34, Apostolos Syropoulos via openindiana-discuss <openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>     I am using a TV instead of a "normal" monitor and to reduce the number of wiresI thought it is a good idea to use an HDMI cable instead of a VGA and the "normal"sound output. I have noticed that there is no sound, is it possible to fix thisproblem? I am using an nVIDIA card.

Not having similar hardware, I can't try for myself.  But have you tried googling for the words
audio hdmi solaris nvidia

and checking the first few pages of hits for anything useful?  If it's too many, add the model of your card to the search keywords, too.

It does look like at least some are expected to work. :-)