[OpenIndiana-discuss] GCC6 build zone status

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 22:03:51 UTC 2017

Hi Apostolos,

So this means that the next release of hipster will be based on gcc 6? This
> is certainly a big stepforward! Congratulations for this achievement!

Thank you for your kind words :)
I guess this is the plan, but we still need to figure out how to proceed to
ensure a smooth transition.

I am now typing from a system fully compiled with GCC 6.4.0 including
Toomas gcc6 branch of illumos.
The machine is a simple ThinkCenter m91p with Intel Graphics that I use as
Kodi media center and OpenIndiana playground.

Best regards,

Aurelien

> A.S.

---