[OpenIndiana-discuss] Web Server performance issue in OI Latest Version

Anil Choudhary Anil.Choudhary at exponential.com
Tue Dec 12 08:07:45 UTC 2017

Hi Team,

We are migrating our Webserver which is running on solaris10 to OI , but we see tcpListenDrop value increasing consistently after 6 hour of run.

in attached screen shot. taken by running following command

netstat -sP tcp 1|grep ListenDrop

we tuned the tcp parameter based on following website.

http://letsgetdugg.com/2009/04/22/optimize-solariss-tcp-stack/

Optimize Solaris’s TCP stack | Letsgetdugg<http://letsgetdugg.com/2009/04/22/optimize-solariss-tcp-stack/>
letsgetdugg.com
Apparently Solaris comes with some crummy settings for web hosting. Here are the settings I have used to improve our web performance at our service.

But it didn't solve our problem.

Can you help us in setting TCP parameters in OI so that we can get same performance as Solaris10?.

Thanks and Regards,

Anil