[OpenIndiana-discuss] tr: Re: Gnome 3.X

Till Wegmüller toasterson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 22:22:56 UTC 2017

Hi

While Gnome3 With extensions is an interesting Option for the future we
commited to mate some time ago as it was easier to maintain with our
limited resource.

Since Alan Coopersmith with his team at Oracle has ported Gnome3 to
solaris it is now also an option to port. If you are up for porting and
maintaining it I will happily assist with my know-how from packaging.

You can find the Port in Oracles Github: [1]

Hope this helps
Greetings
Till

[1] https://github.com/oracle/solaris-userland/tree/master/components/gnome