[OpenIndiana-discuss] twm on OI (was Migrating ZFS RAIDZ1 volume to larger disks)

John D Groenveld groenveld at acm.org
Fri Dec 29 16:45:03 UTC 2017

In message <192942852.6067664.1514563366656 at mail.yahoo.com>, Reginald Beardsley
 via openindiana-discuss writes:
>ption.  I run twm which seems to be quite impossible to do on OI because of al
>l the dependencies without having to thrash my way through the jungle of start
>ing X11.  I did that as part of building  X11R3  at work  25 years ago before

startx and twm
<URL:http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster/manifest/0/x11%2Fsession%2Fxinit%401.3.4%2C5.11-2017.0.0.0%3A20170526T070750Z>
<URL:http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster/manifest/0/desktop%2Fwindow-manager%2Ftwm%401.0.9%2C5.11-2017.0.0.0%3A20170306T203303Z>

I'm away from an OI installation at the moment, but I recommend
you install the mate_install meta package to grab the dependencies
and then disable the gdm service.

John
groenveld at acm.org