[OpenIndiana-discuss] [discuss] Migrating ZFS RAIDZ1 volume to larger disks

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 31 22:11:56 UTC 2017

Thanks.  Do you know from personal experience that that will work with Solaris 10?  Rather weird that the other vendors are 3x more money.  I bought 3 Z400s on eBay for $100 each, so it's still relatively pricey ;-)  But if you verify that it will work with Sol 10,  I'll buy one just to have on hand.

After 4+hours it's 40% thru resilvering the 1st of the RAIDZ1 disks with an estimated 6 hours to go.  This makes me think that zfs send-recv to a new pool would be more practical.