[OpenIndiana-discuss] Problem with "beadm activate"

Stefan Müller-Wilken stefan.mueller-wilken at acando.de
Thu Feb 2 13:18:31 UTC 2017

Dear all,

I recently ran into problems activating updated boot environment with beadm in my OI Hipster installation:

root at sunblade04:/root# beadm activate -v oi-hipster-17
be_do_installboot: device c4t0d0s0
  Command: "/usr/sbin/installboot  /tmp/.be.sUayde/boot/pmbr /tmp/.be.sUayde/boot/gptzfsboot /dev/rdsk/c4t0d0s0"
  Errors:
bootblock version installed on /dev/rdsk/c4t0d0s0 is more recent or identical
Use -F to override or install without the -u option
Activated successfully
root at sunblade04:/root#

While beadm signals a sucessfully activated boot environment, I'll be thrown back to the old one after 'init 6'. Anyone an idea on this one?

Cheers
 Stefan