[OpenIndiana-discuss] Qt 5.8 recipe pushed, slowly approaching

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 18:45:36 UTC 2017

Hi,
after some building, patching and rebuilding, etc.. we are close to having
a first build of Qt 5.8 available.

The pull request is located here:

https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/pull/2748

Thanks go to Julien who upstreamed a few patches already.

If you have time for testing the recipe that would be great.
It takes about 30-45min to build both 32-bit and 64-bit versions on modern
hardware.

I know there may be an issue regarding options selected for building GL
support: depending on the GL vendor some feature may be compiled or not.
The recipe assumes that Mesa is detected so EGL is also built.
This does not seem to be the case with Nvidia.

Last December I compiled VirtualBox 5.1.6 with Qt 5.8 alpha1 and it was
functional.

Kind regards

Aurélien

--