[OpenIndiana-discuss] Boot trouble with loader

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Thu Feb 23 14:26:35 UTC 2017

On 23.02.2017 13:25, Carsten Grzemba wrote:
> Has anyone idea how can I solve this boot problem of loader:
>
> start sector 64260 does not match any partition on device: disk0:
> \
> Can't find /boot/zfsloader
>
> illumos/x86 boot
> Default: disk0:/boot/zfsloader
> boot:
>
> Is there a key break sequence to grab the loader prompt?

Hello, Carsten.
You seems to be hit by https://www.illumos.org/issues/7904 .
The fix is known, but is not yet integrated into illumos-gate.
Try to boot with USB stick/ISO, mount current active boot environment,
replace gptzfsboot and zfsloader in /boot with versions from
http://80.235.90.220/
and run something like:

   installboot -m /mntpoint/boot/pmbr /mntmount/boot/gptzfsboot
/dev/rdsk/c2t0d0s0

---