[OpenIndiana-discuss] Boot trouble with loader

Carsten Grzemba grzemba at contac-dt.de
Thu Feb 23 15:37:07 UTC 2017

On 23.02.17 16:15, Carsten Grzemba  <grzemba at contac-dt.de> wrote:

> On 23.02.17 15:26, Alexander Pyhalov <alp at rsu.ru> wrote:
> >
> > On 23.02.2017 13:25, Carsten Grzemba wrote:
> > >Has anyone idea how can I solve this boot problem of loader:
> > >
> > >start sector 64260 does not match any partition on device: disk0:
> > >\
> > >Can't find /boot/zfsloader
> > >
> > >illumos/x86 boot
> > >Default: disk0:/boot/zfsloader
> > >boot:
> > >
> > >Is there a key break sequence to grab the loader prompt?
> > >

> > Hello, Carsten.
> > You seems to be hit by https://www.illumos.org/issues/7904 .
> > The fix is known, but is not yet integrated into illumos-gate.
> > Try to boot with USB stick/ISO, mount current active boot environment,
> > replace gptzfsboot and zfsloader in /boot with versions from http://80.235.90.220/
> > and run something like:
> >
> > installboot -m /mntpoint/boot/pmbr /mntmount/boot/gptzfsboot /dev/rdsk/c2t0d0s0
> >

> > ---
> > System Administrator of Southern Federal University Computer Center
> >
> It changes the behavior a little, but still not working:
>
> can't find /boot/zfsloader
>
> illumos/x86 boot
> Default: disk-1:/boot/zfsloader
> boot:
>
> Can I get there the loader ok prompt?

ok lsdev
cd devices:
disk devices:
 disk0: BIOS drive C:
 disk0s1: Solaris 2
 disk0s1a: root
 disk0s1i: boot
 disk1: BIOS drive D:
 disk1a: root
 disk1i: boot
pxe devices:
zfs devices:

loader don't recognized ZFS devices here.?

This is a upgraded disk with VTOC label.
If I install on the sam type of disk also with a VTOC then it works.
What did the installer other/more than 'installboot'?