[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI hipster frequent freeze during update

Erdos shwen at excite.com
Mon Jan 2 14:29:03 UTC 2017

 I was able to replace the OI repository by moving the IDE HD to a different machine (64bit AMD processor), didn't know why but it worked.

The repo is now set at 'hipster' instead of old 'hipster-2015', but 'pkg update' came back with error.

erdos at openindiana:~$ pfexec pkg publisher
PUBLISHER                   TYPE     STATUS P LOCATION
openindiana.org              origin   online F http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster-2015/

root at openindiana:~# uname -a
SunOS openindiana 5.11 illumos-7fc68dd i86pc i386 i86pc
root at openindiana:~# pkg set-publisher -G http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster-2015 -g https://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster openindiana.org
root at openindiana:~# pfexec pkg publisher
PUBLISHER                   TYPE     STATUS P LOCATION
openindiana.org      origin   online F https://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster/
root at openindiana:~# pkg update
Creating Plan (Download Manifests    0/1066) |

Errors were encountered while attempting to retrieve package or file data for
the requested operation.
Details follow:

Framework error: code: E_SSL_CONNECT_ERROR (35) reason: Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to pkg.openindiana.org:443
root at openindiana:~#

-Erdos