[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana upgrade

Carsten Grzemba grzemba at contac-dt.de
Fri Jan 13 14:20:17 UTC 2017

On 05.01.17 16:31, Carsten Grzemba  <grzemba at contac-dt.de> wrote:

> I also fiddling around his problem for a while.
>
> It seems that the problem correlates with some obsoleted packages and locked version in the incorporations
> e.g. ips-incorporation is obsoleted now.
>
> There I stumble in the incorporation package manifests over the dependency type 'incorporate'.
> I can't unlock this depend versions, right?
>
> That has nothing to do with facet.version-lock?
>
> On 31.12.16 18:51, Hans J Albertsson <hans.j.albertsson at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > The message I answered was Russel's last, not Mr Coopersmith's.
> > I'm on a phone with limited intelligence...
> > Hans J. Albertsson
> > From my Nexus 5
> >
> > Den 31 dec. 2016 18:49 skrev "Hans J Albertsson" <
> > hans.j.albertsson at gmail.com>:
> >
> > > I had the same kind of problem with 151a7, no f...n way to make updates
> > > run OK.
> > >
> > > The messages appearing for you seem a lot like what I had.
> > >
> > > My best guess is that this is a basic flaw in logic, that in most cases
> > > would never cause a problem, but somehow, in a personal-computer use of OI,
> > > doesn't keep enough info around to step past some unexpected hurdle.
> > >
> > > Hans J. Albertsson
> > > From my Nexus 5

or

Finally I could update my dev install to hipster ;)

The main problem seems to be that it is a SunRAY Server and the sunray packages need package
service/network/dhcp.
But this package is obsoleted on hipster and it seems that obsoleted packages can not install as incorporate.

Changing facetpkg-a change-facet facet.require.service/network/dhcp=false
# pkg change-facet facet.version-lock.service/network/dhcp=false
or
# pkg change-facet facet.require.service/network/dhcp=false
has no effect.

I solved the problem by
- set non-sticky the openindiana.org publisher
- create a fake repo and publish there incorporation packages where dependency type is changed to optional, remove the obsoleted flag in dhcp package
# pkgrepo list -s /repos/fake-hipster/
PUBLISHER NAME O VERSION
fake-hipster consolidation/install/install-incorporation 0.5.11,5.11-0.151.1.9:20170108T144721Z
fake-hipster consolidation/ips/ips-incorporation 0.5.11,5.11-0.151.1.9:20170111T153531Z
fake-hipster consolidation/osnet/osnet-incorporation 0.5.11,5.11-0.151.1.9:20170108T132101Z
fake-hipster service/network/dhcp 0.5.11,5.11-2015.0.2.15619:20170113T123056Z
fake-hipster service/network/dhcp 0.5.11,5.11-0.151.1.9:20170106T113837Z
- add the fake-hipster repository to search before openindiana.org publisher
- at first replace (pkg update) the old incorporations with the old fake incorporation (optional dependencies)
- remove the fake repository
- do a normal upgrade to the latest hipster

I guess it would be better that packages not obsoleted but instead replaced (isc-dhcp).