[OpenIndiana-discuss] send break on Supermicro sol1 to enter kmdb

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Mon Jan 23 13:58:17 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 09:00:05AM +0100, Carsten Grzemba wrote:
> Does anyone knows how I can send break signal to enter kmdb on
> Supermicro Boards where Serial over LAN (sol) is configured ?

According to the ipmitool man page, you send from the remote console
the ipmi escape character followed by a `B'.  By default, this would
be:

    ~B

You have to send the escape character at the beginning of a new line.
If some other component, your terminal emulator for example, uses the
same escape character, you will have to double it or change it in
ipmitool.

Does this not work for you?