[OpenIndiana-discuss] Pending Desktop features for 2017.04 need volunteers

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 15:52:15 UTC 2017

Hi,
there are two features that I wanted to deliver for the previous snapshot
but got blocked by issues I did not have time to solve.
If we want these features to be in 2017.04, it would be great if someone
could volunteer :)

-Gstreamer1.0 <https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/pull/2384>
 Adding the new Gstreamer libraries seemed easy until I ran into a
glib-introspection overflow for the 32bit build: Alexander could not
reproduce it, the corresponding report was never fixed for Arch Linux and
the PR stalled.

- Bump Pulseaudio to 9.0
<https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/pull/2370>
 I tried to bump Pulseaudio to 9.0 but encountered issues on my machine.
 Since solaris-userland bump it to 9.0 some weeks ago it may be easier to
look at their changeset.

- Migrate libjpeg dependencies to libjpeg-turbo:
  https://www.illumos.org/issues/7391
  This optimized implementation may be x3-x6 faster, most distributions
have migrated to it.

In the meantime, I worked a bit on refreshing the graphic stack and I have
now a build of Xorg 1.19.1 to test in the coming weeks.

Kind regards

Aurelien

--
---