[OpenIndiana-discuss] 12TB SATA HGST Support

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 08:41:10 UTC 2017

On 07/06/17 07:13 PM, Handojo via openindiana-discuss wrote:
> Dear OI Users,
> Anyone of you try to attach 12TB SATA HGST Drives into OI ? Does it work flawlessly ?

Isn't that like a question for a hardware manufacturer? ;)
(Yeah I know - if anyone used it on OI/illumos to say something etc..)

Most countries have local laws that allow turning back hardware to the
shop if you figure that it's not what you wanted to buy and get the
money back if turned back within few days,
so I one can try it and let us know how it worked. ;)

It's always good to use some kind of redundancy for drives if one values
it's data, so at least two drives to mirror data or more drives in
raidz/2/3 for better drive number per usable space ratio.
These days, with illumos loader being installed by default, one can boot
even from the raidz drives.