[OpenIndiana-discuss] ZFS and encryption

Günther Alka alka at hfg-gmuend.de
Mon Jul 24 19:50:06 UTC 2017

There is currently no ZFS encryption outside Oracle Solaris,
only encryprtion on underlying disks and devices but the mechanism are
incompatible between BSD, Illumos or ZoL.

Datto  is working on it for ZoL based on the last free bits from
Solaris. It's not ready but you can expect it on any OpenZFS platform
when its ready.

Gea
@napp-it.org