[OpenIndiana-discuss] WARNING: Use of onu(1) will prevent use of zone attach in the new BE

James Blachly james.blachly at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 17:43:09 UTC 2017

So after using onu to install a freshly build nightly, I saw this warning, which I don’t recall noticing before:

WARNING: Use of onu(1) will prevent use of zone attach in the new BE
See onu(1)

Apart from the fact that it probably should have said onu(1onbld) (hence took me a bit longer to locate the manpage), when I looked in the manpage I found the following:

       Use of onu will prevent use of zone attach for ipkg-brand zones in the
       new BE, since the entire incorporation is removed.

Can someone briefly explain what this means? Specifically, I do not know what “zone attach” is or does. Is it related to moving a zone between hosts?

Thank you!