[OpenIndiana-discuss] /hipster: xargs coredumps

Predrag Zečević - Technical Support Analyst predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Fri Jun 16 08:03:24 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have decide not to open ticket, but rather ask for fix here: after
latest update:
$ uname -rosv
SunOS 5.11 illumos-62f1951aca Solaris

I have spotted that xargs dumps core (one of my shell procedures did not
returned result, this is how I have noticed):

$ ls -al  | awk '{print $NF}' | xargs
Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

If I have to open ticket, will do - otherwise xargs might need
recompilation.

With best regards.
Predrag Zečević
--
Predrag Zečević
Technical Support Analyst

Telephone: +49 6196 9505 815, Facsimile: +49 6196 9505 894
Mobile:    +49  174 3109 288,     Skype: predrag.zecevic
E-mail:    predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

Headquarter:          2e Systems GmbH, Königsteiner Str. 87,
                       65812 Bad Soden am Taunus, Germany
Company registration: Amtsgericht Königstein (Germany), HRB 7303
Managing director:    Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!