[OpenIndiana-discuss] URGENT: Latest /hipster updates - nwam-manager dumps core with light speed - UPDATE

Predrag Zečević - Technical Support Analyst predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Fri Jun 23 09:42:46 UTC 2017

On 06/23/17 11:38, Predrag Zečević - Technical Support Analyst wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> this morning I have updated to latest available /hipster:
> $ uname -rosv
> SunOS 5.11 illumos-e0ee3ced17 Solaris
>
> Luckily, I have defined quota on ZFS system which is defined with
> coreadm: nwam-manager core dumps are filling it within seconds ... Here
> current size:
>
> $ du -shc core.nwam-manager.*
> 14G     total
>
> $ ls -al core.nwam-manager.* | wc -l
> 392
>
> and few seconds later:
> $ ls -al core.nwam-manager.* | wc -l
> 397
>
> Interesting enough, network is active and OK (i am using dhcp setup).
> Will try to switch to static IP and will update later.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> With best regards.
> Predrag Zečević
>
> P.S: Size now:
> 17G     total

I have found it:

$ pfexec nwadm enable rge0_static
pfexec: unable to execute nwadm: No such file or directory

So, looks like daemon is missing, and/or who-knows-what

$ pfexec pkg fix desktop/administration/nwam-manager
No updates necessary for this image.

Regards.
--
Predrag Zečević
Technical Support Analyst

Telephone: +49 6196 9505 815, Facsimile: +49 6196 9505 894
Mobile:    +49  174 3109 288,     Skype: predrag.zecevic
E-mail:    predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

Headquarter:          2e Systems GmbH, Königsteiner Str. 87,
                       65812 Bad Soden am Taunus, Germany
Company registration: Amtsgericht Königstein (Germany), HRB 7303
Managing director:    Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!