[OpenIndiana-discuss] Bug in emacs with latest Hipster

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Fri Jun 23 13:49:23 UTC 2017

I've always used emacs as my editor, but when I tried it on a recent
Hipster, I got a surprise.  It happens when I run emacs in curses
mode, and when I paste some text into the emacs window, inside a
gnome-terminal window.  For example, I have this text in another
gnome-terminal window:

    words pasted in

When I paste it into the emacs window, I see this:

    e[200~words pasted ine[201~

I have to delete the excess characters to get the correct text.  If I
just type the same thing into the emacs window, the text is correct to
begin with.  The excess characters only appear when I paste something
in.

I'm using these versions:

    consolidation/userland/userland-incorporation: 0.5.11-2017.0.0.8754
    editor/gnu-emacs: 25.2-2017.0.0.0