[OpenIndiana-discuss] usb3

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 1 14:07:53 UTC 2017

Hello,
I have tried this live CDhttps://us-east.manta.joyent.com/rmustacc/public/preview/xhci/20161110/oi/OI_Loader_xhci_Text_X86.isoon my machine which has USB3 ports. I plugged in a USB thumbdisk on a USB3 port and it was mountedand I could see the contents of the disk. Then I tried
# mdb -ke '::prtusb' > /media/KINGSTON>USB3.txt

and the command failed to complete. In fact I had to hard reboot the system.
Before rebooting the system, I got a message saying something like SCSI transfer
failed. My system has

pci1849,7052 (pciex1b6f,7052) [Etron Technology, Inc. EJ188/EJ198 USB 3.0 Host Controller]

A.S.

PS I am reporting here since I am blocked on the illumos mailing lists.