[OpenIndiana-discuss] oi-userland for SPARC

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Wed Mar 1 16:08:44 UTC 2017

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 06:27:47PM +0100, Aurélien Larcher wrote:
> > Of course SPARC is not an officially supported platform.  That's our
> > goal, not the current situation.  We can't reach that goal in one
> > giant leap, either.  That's why I, and a few others, are building
> > oi-userland components on SPARC.  We will have to take several smaller
> > steps to reach that goal.
>
> Whenever I bring a component from solaris-userland or from the x-s12 gate I
> try to import SPARC patches as well.
> Please post to the ML if I forgot some of them.

Thanks.  I appreciate your diligence.  Actually, most of the
oi-userland components build on SPARC hardware without intervention.
For the ones that do fail, the most common reason is missing
dependancies.  These missing components are not available as packages,
even though most of them are built later in the procedure.