[OpenIndiana-discuss] Install Solaris 1/13 on Sun Fire X2200

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.us
Wed Mar 1 20:52:28 UTC 2017

Hello Arhipkin,

I'm not sure that I exactly understand your question.

What I believe that I am reading is that (possibly) the HDD that your OS lives
on has died, and you are not able to do a new install over the network, either
via Jumpstart or AI.

If my comments above are correct, probably your best choice is to boot and
install from an optical drive.

If you do not have OS media, you can download an ISO over the Internet, to
include from the OpenIndiana site, assuming that is where you want/need to be,
burn your ISO to physical media, then boot + install from that media.

I'm not certain, but it may also be possible that the X2200 can boot & install
via a USB key or thumb drive.  I'm not certain, you will need to consult your HW
manuals for that.

Hope this helps, but if not, please ask your question a different way.  Its OK
if you are a non.native English speaker.

Good Luck,

Jerry