[OpenIndiana-discuss] Newly installed VirtualBox gives COM object error when launched

Will Brokenbourgh will.brokenbourgh2877 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 07:17:55 UTC 2017

Foon 2017-03-03 09:09 AM, Aurélien Larcher espetanjalah:
> On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 1:22 AM, Will Brokenbourgh <
> will.brokenbourgh2877 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Here is the 'full' truss of /opt/VirtualBox/VirtualBox (run as superuser)
>>
>> https://gist.github.com/willbprog127/b1f5813feafcf6a515fc05b1e30a4f3b
>
> I'll have a look this week end probably.
> Any additional debug information will help.
> Thanks

Since deactivating my Intel integrated graphics, installing an Nvidia
GTX-610 graphics card and updating the system, I have been able to
re-install the 'special' VirtualBox package and it is now working after
a reboot.  Hooray!

Many thanks, :-)

--

Will Brokenbourgh