[OpenIndiana-discuss] Question about KVM

Adam Števko adam.stevko at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 21:38:52 UTC 2017

Hello,

as for KVM in OpenSolaris, I don’t think it was ever ported there.

As for KVM on OpenIndiana, your processor needs to come from Intel and has to support EPT infrastructures. As far as I know, core2 do not support EPT.
(You don’t need EPT for running VM per-se as QEMU will fallback to binary translation, but it will be slow).

If there is anything else that interests you, let us know!

Cheers,
Adam