[OpenIndiana-discuss] Testing for Xorg video drivers

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 12:01:40 UTC 2017

On 03/17/17 04:45 PM, Aurélien Larcher wrote:
> Hi,
> we do have some updates pending for Xorg video drivers in
>
> https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/pull/2451
>
> but currently we do not have hardware for testing all of them.
>
> Sync xorg-video-intel with upstream 2017.02
> Bump xorg-video-mga to 1.6.5 + exa patches from x-s12
> Bump xorg-video-openchrome to 0.5.0
> Bump xorg-video-r128 to 6.10.2
> Bump xorg-video-nv to 2.1.21
> Bump xorg-video-savage to 2.3.9
> Bump xorg-video-trident to 1.3.8
> Bump xorg-video-vmware to 13.2.1
>
> It would be good to assemble a list of people using specific hardware
> (openchrome, mach64, mga, etc..) and willing to help testing new versions.

I can tests on:
- Intel945M laptop,
- old 32-bit 768MB machine with AGP MatroxG400 (mga) ,
- Dell server with integrated Matrox G200 (mga),
- Desktop machine With Nvidia 9500GT (nv),
- an PCI S3 card with S3 Trio64.
Maybe could even spin up some VMWare ,
I hope there is more people with VMWare out there to test Xorg graphics?