[OpenIndiana-discuss] Not what I expected updating from 151_9 to latest hipster

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 09:36:10 UTC 2017

On 03/23/17 01:37 AM, Harry Putnam wrote:
> I was hoping to keep it kind of simple and just try to mirror rpool
> with a pair of smallish discs.  So rpool will just be Siamese twins.
>
> Since the discs are 160 GB which will a good bit more than rpool needs
> I may keep a few un-important bits of data there too.

That might be the best ,
you do fresh install on one of the new disks,
then prtvtoc the second one as described and zpool attach the second one
to get mirrorer rpool

Since full-disk installs use GPT formatted disks, you won't be hit with
'MBR' problems after update.
But you can do 'bootadm install-bootloader -Mfv' after update, to get
newest illumos loader installed.