[OpenIndiana-discuss] Screen brightness

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Sat May 6 18:34:46 UTC 2017

On 05/ 6/17 04:29 PM, Erdos New via openindiana-discuss wrote:
> i´ve ´gdm' instead of 'lightdm' on a hipster 2015.10 boot environment (also have latest hipster installed, but it's slow on my old amd machine)
>
> where can i change 'display-setup-script setting'?

Please respond blow quotes on public mail list. :)

See what 'pkg publisher' gives you.
If you have /hipster-2015 , you could update to  /hipster to get newest
rolling-release development state.
pfexec/sudo:
$ pfexec pkg set-publisher -g https://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster/ -G
http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev openindiana.org

Try installing mate_install and lightdm ,
it 'display-setup-script' is inside /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf , part of
lightdm package.

Make sure you use as little as much RAM during pkg update -v -r , to get
it more RAM available, also I would like to know what exactly is slow on
it and how much RAm you have on the machine?