[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI 2017/10 lightdm under VBox 5.1.28

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Thu Nov 2 18:48:55 UTC 2017

On 11/ 2/17 10:51 AM, Tim Mooney wrote:
> In regard to: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] OI 2017/10 lightdm under VBox...:
>> Or if you don't have an /etc/X11/xorg.conf yet:
>>  cp /usr/lib/X11/xorg.conf.vesa /etc/X11/xorg.conf
>
> The OI guest that I updated from 2017.04 to 2017.10 does not have any
> example files in /usr/lib/X11.  Perhaps I neglected to install some
> package?

Sorry, I didn't realize hipster has it in a different place than Solaris does
& OpenSolaris did - it appears to be in /jack/xorg.conf.vesa on the install
media, but I don't see it in a package for a normal installation.

Adding to the confusion, OI carries our man page patch documenting this file:
https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/blob/c95cbd986fe0d263b84fa8385b39d380246f894b/components/x11/xorg-server/patches/04-sun-manpage.patch#L176

You can grab the file itself from:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/oracle/solaris-xorg/master/open-src/driver/xf86-video-vesa/xorg.conf.vesa

(Really the last 4 lines is all you need.)

	-alan-