[OpenIndiana-discuss] NoMachine or X2Go on Openindiana?

Lonnie Cumberland lonnie at outstep.com
Thu Nov 16 19:17:12 UTC 2017

Yea, I think that I remember working a little bit with the SunRay stuff
some years ago and did not know that folks were still using them.

I've used RDP on Windows and Linux (via xRDP) for a long time. You are
right in that the Linux/Unix implementations leave a lot to be desired, but
for this project I am leaning towards NoMachine NX or X2GO, at least
initially and will see where this takes us as I need a generic support for
multiple OS's that also supports application seamless windows as well as
audio, file xfer, filesystem sharing, and a few other things for which
these 2 seem to be the most advanced in this way and still cover most of
the requirements. The current catch is that I may have to do a significant
amount of work to get one of them to run on Openindiana (Illumos-based) to
talk to the VM's

BTW, I really like the "Sheldon Cooper" pic. It's a great show that I can
relate in that my day job is as a Physicist.

Thanks again,
Lonnie