[OpenIndiana-discuss] wifi card compatibility

Marc Lobelle marc.lobelle at uclouvain.be
Thu Nov 16 21:23:29 UTC 2017

Hello,

I have a notebook that included an apparently unsupported SIERRA
wireless card. So I bought on ebay an Intel 4965 AGN card, which is in
the list of the compatible devices. However, both windows and openiniana
seem to identify it as an ATHEROS AR9287. Is it possible to have an
intel card with an atheros chipset ? Or does it mean that the label oh
the board is fake.
Any way, is this card usable with open indiana ? If yes with wich driver
? and what should I do to install this driver. Thanks

Marc