[OpenIndiana-discuss] Just upgraded to illumos-2727bb055f

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Sun Oct 29 20:15:29 UTC 2017

On October 29, 2017 8:48:57 PM GMT+01:00, russell <stream at willows7.myzen.co.uk> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Just upgraded to latest release of hipster and my Nvidia driver has
>changed from  NVIDIA-Solaris-x86-384.69.run according to Nvidia
>configuration utility to 340.104.
>
>Checking through my old Nvidia downloads, the 340.46 I downloaded in
>4th
>October 2014, is there any reason to be using an Nvidia driver which is
>
>based on such an old release?
>
>Also found that Atril does not list any printer including the default
>printer.
>

>TIA
>
>Russell

I guess you set up 389 manually. OI so far only bundles 340.*.

NVidia ships and still releases several major versions of drivers which support different sets of video cards - so there seems to be no clear "one version to drive any card".

There's some development going to provide 304.* and 389.* in the repo as alternatives for people to try easily.

Jim
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Android