[OpenIndiana-discuss] VirtualBox 5.2.0 causes segmentation fault

Predrag Zečević - Technical Support Analyst predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Mon Oct 30 07:41:08 UTC 2017

On 10/28/17 20:25, PÁSZTOR György wrote:
> Hi.
>
> "russell" <stream at willows7.myzen.co.uk> írta 2017-10-26 16:15-kor:
>> Successfully installed VirtualBox 5.2.0 using following instructions
>>
>> $ pkgtrans VirtualBox-5.2.0-SunOS-amd64-r118431.pkg . all
>> $ rm SUNWvbox/install/checkinstall
>> $ sed -i /checkinstall/d SUNWvbox/pkgmap
>> $ pfexec pkgadd -d . SUNWvbox
>>
>> VirtualBox fails with a segmentation fault
>
> Sorry for not answering for your question.
> But curiosity is much stronger, to not ask:
> Where did you found those install instructions?
> I tried to install virtualbox to a 151022 omnios without success.
> Maybe, this could work there aswell, just I don't know if any extra steps
> is needed, like touch /etc/vboxinst_vboxflt or anything similar?
> That's why I'm interested in the source of your wisdom! ;-)
>
> Cheers,
> Gyu

Hi György

I found this one at:
https://lists.omniti.com/pipermail/omnios-discuss/2017-April/008627.html

And, yes this file is present since long time ago:
$ ls -al /etc/vboxinst_vboxflt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Apr 15  2016 /etc/vboxinst_vboxflt

Regards.

Predrag Zečević
Technical Support Analyst
2e Systems GmbH

tel: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 15
mob: +49 - 174 - 3109288
fax: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 94
e-mail: predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

headquarter: 2e Systems GmbH, Koenigsteiner Str. 87, 65812 Bad Soden am
Taunus, Germany
registration: Amtsgericht Koenigstein (Germany), HRB 7303
managing director: Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!