[OpenIndiana-discuss] So is Solaris officially supported till 2034?

Gabriele Bulfon gbulfon at sonicle.com
Tue Sep 5 10:45:14 UTC 2017

The real concern is...in the short or long period, how much support for Solaris kernels can we expect from third parties such VMware?
They may completely remove the "Oracle Solaris 11 64bit" from the list of supported VMs.
This may happen elsewhere, as happened recently at MongoDB.
This may hurt the illumos ecosystem in the short/long term.
What do you think?
Sonicle S.r.l.
:
http://www.sonicle.com