[OpenIndiana-discuss] So is Solaris officially supported till 2034?

John D Groenveld jdg117 at elvis.arl.psu.edu
Wed Sep 6 14:02:29 UTC 2017

In message <59070299.2462359.1504549115036 at mail.yahoo.com>, Apostolos Syropoulo
s via openindiana-discuss writes:
>My question was very simple and I got a simple answer. Now, Illumos is not Sol

You asked an off-topic question about the fate of low-volume,
high-margin Oracle Solaris.
Other subscribers replied with on-topic questions and comments
about how the fate of a close UNIX cousin impacts OI.
Its been illuminating.

Would someone with Wiki access please update Tasks with the RFI/RFEs
generated from this thread?
* Volunteer is needed to reach out to nVidia marketing and determine
what nVidia requires in installed volume to provide closed-source driver
support for OI on par with high-volume, low-margin FreeBSD?
<URL:https://wiki.freebsd.org/Graphics>
* Volunteer is needed to port and package VirtualBox to OI.

John
groenveld at acm.org