[OpenIndiana-discuss] what to expect setting timeslider to `all'

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Fri Sep 8 10:27:20 UTC 2017

Harry Putnam <reader at newsguy.com> writes:

> Alexander Pyhalov <alp at rsu.ru> writes:
>
> [...]
>>>>

> Dave M responded:
>>> If hipster is still using old time-slider tarballs from the
>>> OpenSolaris days then it's probably never been fixed and others
>>> aren't reporting it for whatever reason.  In a lot of situations
>>> it's benign as data is more in the leaf datasets than intermediate.
>>>

> Alexander P responded:
>> Yes, seems to be an issue in our time-slider.
>> Harry, can you create an issue in the bug tracker
>> (http://bugs.openindiana.org/)?
>
> Yes, I will get that done.

[Just a note hoping to head off any confusion]

I'm sorry to say I made a bit of a mess of it.  It was my first time
using the bug tracker.

It appears I got a bit rambunctious with the copy/paste and managed to
duplicate the information twice on the bug writeup.  The salient
points are readable enough even if needlessly repeated twice.

But, worse I also managed to end up creating 2 identical bug reports.
On separate numbers.

Once I saw what I had done I did not see a way to remove the duplicate
or flag it or whatever, so quit before bungling something else up.

end result identical bug reports #8637 and #8638