[OpenIndiana-discuss] zpool on the second partition of an external disk

Udo Grabowski (IMK) udo.grabowski at kit.edu
Fri Sep 8 15:39:07 UTC 2017

On 08/09/2017 17:33, Apostolos Syropoulos via openindiana-discuss wrote:
>> I should mind my p's and s's.  Thanks, Andrew; you're right.  I was
>> thinking of s2, not p2.
>
> So what I did what correct, right? I have mounted both partitions and the dataare there and I can read and write.

No. Your boot slice #8 is overlapped by s2. It is not
recommended to use s2 for anything.

Configure s0 instead with tag root, and use only the region
above the boot slice (that is, from cylinder 1 upwards).

--
Dr.Udo Grabowski   Inst.f.Meteorology & Climate Research IMK-ASF-SAT
http://www.imk-asf.kit.edu/english/sat.php