[OpenIndiana-discuss] qemu-kvm help with internal error.suberror 2

Rasaki Temidire rasaki at me.com
Sat Apr 14 01:02:15 UTC 2018

Hello,

Has anyone tried using kvm lately?

I am running Hipster 2017.10 and have all the packages and image updated.  I launch the qemu-kvm command as suggested in the OpenIndiana Hipster Handbook and the VM starts up but does not go further than recognizing the boot CD (FreeBSdD-11, elemntaryOS, etc.) and seems stuck at the bootloader.  The error messages I see in the terminal where I launched the qemu-kvm command indicate that kvm has an internal error and the suberror code is 2.  I can't find anything useful through Google to resolve the issue.  Has anyone seen this behaviour?  Any suggestions for a workaround would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Rasaki