[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenLDAP and BerkeleyDB

Michal Nowak mnowak at startmail.com
Tue Dec 18 08:10:34 UTC 2018

On 12/17/18 09:54 PM, Dieter Klünter wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to get OpenLDAP running, but a BDB library mismatch prevents
> it :-(
>
> bdb_back_initialize: BDB library version mismatch: expected Berkeley DB
> 5.3.21: (May 11, 2012), got Berkeley DB 5.3.28: (September  9, 2013
>
> OpenLDAP: slapd 2.4.44 (Feb 11 2018 07:52:01) $
> @hipster.openindiana.org:/jenkins/jobs/oi-userland/workspace/components/network/openldap/build/amd64/servers/slapd
>

> Whoever built this package,  PLEASE either stick to library conformance
> or, even better, refrain from building slapd with BerkeleyDB, as this is
> deprecated, the announcement has been made at LDAPCon 2007.
> If you have to stick to BerkeleyDB build back_bdb and back_hdb as modules.
>
> -Dieter

Hello Dieter,

I am sorry for the problem with OpenLDAP, it was caused by updated
BerkeleyDB.

I created a request for OpenLDAP to be rebuild
(https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/pull/4657), after that slapd
should initialize correctly.

But you are right that our OpenLDAP package should be "modularized".
Hence I created a ticket https://www.illumos.org/issues/10069 for us to
do it later. If you are interested in OpenLDAP, your help is appreciated
in this regard.

Thanks,
Michal