[OpenIndiana-discuss] /hispter update and nwamadm issue

Predrag Zečević - Technical Support Analyst predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Fri Feb 2 11:42:48 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I have upgraded /hipster OI this morning, and that cause trouble in
network settings:

$ $ uname -rosv
SunOS 5.11 illumos-8baf4f951a Solaris

$ nwamadm list -x
TYPE        PROFILE        STATE          AUXILIARY STATE
ncp         Automatic      uninitialized  uninitialized
ncp         e1000g0_dhcp   uninitialized  uninitialized
ncp         e1000g0_static uninitialized  uninitialized
ncp         rge0_dhcp      uninitialized  uninitialized
ncp         rge0_static    uninitialized  uninitialized
loc         Automatic      uninitialized  uninitialized
loc         NoNet          uninitialized  uninitialized
loc         User           uninitialized  uninitialized

So, my network connection broke. It took me few minutes to realize that...
Network problem was fixed with (to use profile I have defined) command:
$ pfexec nwamadm enable rge0_static

It was working out of box in previous BE. Not sure how this can be debugged.

---<snip>-----

Also, I have zfs (from second disk) mounted under /opt - suddenly OI
also wants to use it, so booting fails.

Only /opt/onbld is there (I have moved /opt aside and rebooted, so have
my mount fixed). That directory belongs to package onbld:
$ pfexec pkg uninstall -vn developer/build/onbld
Creating Plan (Solver setup): -
pkg uninstall: Unable to remove
'developer/build/onbld at 0.5.11-2017.0.0.16981' due to the following
packages that depend on it:
   developer/opensolaris/osnet at 0.5.11-2017.0.0.16981
   metapackages/build-essential at 1.0-2017.0.0.9

E.G.
$ pfexec pkg uninstall -vn developer/build/onbld
developer/opensolaris/osnet metapackages/build-essential
             Packages to remove:         4
      Estimated space available:  82.79 GB
Estimated space to be consumed: 485.30 MB
        Create boot environment:        No
Create backup boot environment:        No
           Rebuild boot archive:        No

Changed packages:
openindiana.org
   developer/build/onbld
     0.5.11-2017.0.0.16981 -> None
   developer/java/jdk
     0.5.11-2017.0.0.0 -> None
   developer/opensolaris/osnet
     0.5.11-2017.0.0.16981 -> None
   metapackages/build-essential
     1.0-2017.0.0.9 -> None

If I would uninstall it, JDK is gone, which opens second question: how
can I prevent my zfs mounted on /opt to be boot stopper?

Regards.
--
Predrag Zečević
Technical Support Analyst

tel: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 15
mob: +49 - 174 - 3109288
fax: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 94
e-mail: predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

headquarter: 2e Systems GmbH, Koenigsteiner Str. 87, 65812 Bad Soden am
Taunus, Germany
registration: Amtsgericht Koenigstein (Germany), HRB 7303
managing director: Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!