[OpenIndiana-discuss] Intel hardware

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.us
Thu Jan 4 21:26:19 UTC 2018

Thanks for the info Russell.

I'm curious about the AMD thing though.  My understand had always been that Intel had purchased/leased/whatever acquired the x86 64
bit extensions from AMD.   Maybe its all the difference between the "meltdown" and the "spectre" vulnerability though.

Sparc, unless someone has updated news, remains unscathed, in addition to being (arguably) the most open CPU, MIPS fans argue that
they are more open though.

Jerry