[OpenIndiana-discuss] Latest /hipster update problem (cannot remove network/ssh-askpass/zenity package)

Predrag Zečević - Technical Support Analyst predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Fri Jan 26 09:18:33 UTC 2018

On 01/25/18 20:57, alp at sfedu.ru wrote:
> On 25.01.2018 18:55, Predrag Zečević - Technical Support Analyst wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> about one hour ago, I have update BE (saw FF update). Then I wanted to
>> remove network/ssh-askpass/zenity (looks like it is not usable, but
>> did not analyzed it properly) and got this error:
>>

> ssh depends on ssh-askpass if xserver-common is installed.
> ssh-askpass depends on ssh-askpass/zenity if zenity is installed.
> So, if you have zenity, ssh and xserver-common installed, you need
> ssh-askpass/zenity in your system :)

OK,
accepting explanation, but it looks like I do not understand its use
properly...

When I log-in to OI MATE (for example after update of BE and reboot),
ssh-askpas zenity pops-up and asks for key password (I would expect that
it will be saved to keystore).

As soon as I try to do ssh to some box, another window pops-up ans ask
fo key password.

Where I am making mistake?

With best regards.
Predrag Zečević
--
Predrag Zečević
Technical Support Analyst

tel: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 15
mob: +49 - 174 - 3109288
fax: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 94
e-mail: predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

headquarter: 2e Systems GmbH, Koenigsteiner Str. 87, 65812 Bad Soden am
Taunus, Germany
registration: Amtsgericht Koenigstein (Germany), HRB 7303
managing director: Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!