[OpenIndiana-discuss] BTX halted

Priyadarshan oi at priyadarshan.com
Thu Mar 8 15:54:49 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have successfully installed OpenIndiana Hipster 2017.10 Live via USB
image on a ThinkPad W541.

Now, I am trying to install to 2 different workstations, using same USB
stick:

- HP z620 with Xeon E5
- Asus X399 motherboard with AMD 1950X Threadripper

After a few seconds, both machines give same message "BTX halted"

See screehsots https://imgur.com/a/pXMKn

I tried setting BIOS to legacy mode and UEFI mode.

Right now both machines are running FReeBSD 11.1-RELEASE.

 From both, I am able to boot a FreeBSD installer, both in legacy mode
and UEFI mode.

I wonder why it boots fine from the ThinkPad, and not from the other 2
machines.

Is there anything I need to do in order to have the image boot?

Priyadarshan