[OpenIndiana-discuss] How to keep up with what version is being run

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Tue Mar 13 13:30:53 UTC 2018

I've been running hipster and updating every month or so but I stopped
updating a while back ([1-2] mnths) since it was looking like updating
might well take more skill than I possess.

I wondered how I can tell which version (which update) is running?

Thought maybe the kernel name might be an indicator.. the names look
like a shortened version of a git update number.

Maybe all wet but can someone tell how to know which version is
running?

This installation is running on hardware: HP xw8600 2x xeon. 54.70

Current kernel name:
  SunOS 2x 5.11 illumos-a356818ef9 i86pc i386 i86pc

Is updating from there likely to be a sticky proposition for an
underskilled user?