[OpenIndiana-discuss] Greek keyboard

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 18:22:03 UTC 2018

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 7:16 PM, Nikola M <minikola at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 03/13/18 01:30 PM, Aurelien Larcher wrote:

>>> Maybe going back to BE where it is all working and figure out on what
>>> exact osnet-incorporation and userland-incorporation it were last
>>> working, and on what update it started not working.
>>>
>> This is since March 7. It seems that the update of data-xkb has sneaky
>> side effects since I got two environments with same english+swedish
>> keyboards to update differently: one working, one losing the accents.
>>

> This obvioiusly can't pass to IPS snapshot before April (ISO) freeze..
> Getting back to older that works, whatever.

This does not seem related to the data-xkb update, I have a laptop with
2.22 that shows the same issue and nothing in the keymap commits between
2.22 and 2.23.1 stands out.

I have just spent one hour trying to find the cause without success but
getting the accents back by using ibus.

Now I am trying to figure out how to get ibus to work for lightdm.

If you have any idea how to solve the problem...

> And then pkg freeze of a working package and then update the rest
>>> (possibly with ' pkg change-facet
>>> facet.require.consolidation/userland/userland-incorporation=false '
>>> and/or ' pkg uninstall userland-incorporation ' ? )
>>>
>>> So it seems it is an upstream bug, that might affect other kernel
>>> distributions, too?
>>> Is it in line to report it on both as OI  Issue and an upstream bug ?
>>> Benefits of Rolling-release with spotting bugs early and fixing upstream
>>> projects, I presume..

---
Praise the Caffeine embeddings