[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI on small X96 systems WAS::Re: OI Hipster 2018.04 snapshot

Tomasz Kłoczko kloczko.tomasz at gmail.com
Tue May 1 22:39:30 UTC 2018

On 1 May 2018 at 23:13, Jerry Kemp <sun.mail.list47 at oryx.us> wrote:
[..]
> No, I completely agree here.  If you get OI going on this piece of HW, it
> will be due to members of this list and you.
>
> All I'm really asking, assuming you are able to get OI running on your HW,
> is, did you purchase it from their online store?   Or somewhere else?

Purchase from the online store.

HW is really very nice and consumes only a few wats.
It can be used without active cooler (with only default passive
cooling) even on very intensive CPU/IO workloads.
It has RTC and backup battery interfaces.
I'm using it at the moment as zabbix server to monitor all other HW at
home network and few sensors available over wifi (my custom esp 8266
based applications).

kloczek
--
Tomasz Kłoczko | LinkedIn: http://lnkd.in/FXPWxH