[OpenIndiana-discuss] lightdm fails!

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Fri May 4 14:21:47 UTC 2018

Hello,

In my system I tried  once to enable lightdm but I could not log in so
I reverted to gdm that worked just fine. The latest version of hipster
has removed all gdm related things and now I cannot log in to my account!
The login screen appears, I enter my user name and my password, the screen
becomes black and then I see the login screen again and again and again.
Is there ant way to actually login into my account? BTW, it is possible
to reinstall the missing gdm bits?

A.S.

PS I have found a way to solve the problem of getting accents on Greek letters
(this is on a different machine). I just start ibus from the
System --> Control Center, logout, login and it works! Of course this
is not  solution but a hack since the original input method should work...