[OpenIndiana-discuss] Need some building expertise, Thank You.

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Wed May 23 07:10:46 UTC 2018

On 05/22/18 08:32 PM, Jason Martin wrote:
> Please look over my attempt. Four WHY,s below.
>
> First off it's up and running if you understand autotools, make and etc.
>
> # Two patches; One is a ubuntu no gettext patch for configure.ac
> # Do not know if it is even needed.

So why adding it?

> CFLAGS += -fPIC

Why do we need global -fPIC flag?

> CFLAGS += -Wno-error=format-nonliteral
>
> LDFLAGS += -lm
>
> # WHY do I need to pass this for plugins/parser-cxx?
> CXXFLAGS += -D__cplusplus

Don't know, simple test shows that g++ 6 defines it

#if defined(__cplusplus)
#error "Defined"
#endif

> # WHY Emulated forkpty happy with 64 but not 32?

Emulated forkpty() can have issues in XPG6 mode, check it carefully.

> # WHY does subversion plugin build but links missing on publish?

How does link look like? How does it complain?
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,