[OpenIndiana-discuss] installing on Gigabyte H370M motherboards?

Carl Brewer carl at bl.echidna.id.au
Thu Nov 1 02:22:50 UTC 2018

G'day,
I've had a few tries at installing OI on a new Gigabyte H370M D3H
motherboard (i5 CPU).  A few of you here have helped a bit, and it got
to the point where it would almost start up - thank you Aurélien in
particular, but I'm stuck again, trying to use a USB image to install.

The MB has a few BIOS settings relating to SATA, that may be part (or
all?!) of the problem.

There's some BIOS options that might be relevant?

"CSM Support" : Enables or disables UEFI CSM to support a legacy PC boot
process

I assume that wants to be set to "Enabled" as that then allows the
following to be set - the default seems to be "Enabled"

"Storage boot option control" : allows you to select whether to enable
the UEFI or legacy option ROM for the storage device controller

I assume that wants to be set to legacy?

Also, the SATA and RST config
SATA mode can be set, It can be Intel RST with optane. or AHCI.  I
assume AHCI?

Any other possibilities?

Thank you!
Carl